There was an interesting article in WSJ about listening to music at work and how much it can keep you focussed at the task in hand. The medical professor who is cited in the article is a Prof. from John hopkins. Here is an interesting introductory video about him and the research he is doing.
Medicine was an easier way out according to him than doing classical music. Here is playlist to chug along at work. .
After almost so many years of trying and meddling., I was able to finish the first MooC Course from coursera. Here is the course I was able to finish A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment. It was 6 for weeks, good measured content and was very practical in the application part as well.
- Week 1 starts about the shortcomings of happiness
- Week 2 was about how to establishing a flow when doing work and daily tasks
- Week 3 was about “creative alturism” it is very fancy way of saying give and do a lot charitable work.
- Week 4 was about being overly controlling and how to go about getting some remedy for it.
- Week 5 was “smart trust”. I think this was very applicable for being a good team member and a life partner.
- Week 6 was kind of a dud., but I think that is the solution for everything.
This matched perfectly with OAK meditation app that am being a beta test user.